I Live In Fear

Posted by | August 07, 2014 | Bullying | One Comment

I’ve been bullied by the same people over and over. I’m going insane because of it. Im thinking about moving and going to another school, its gotten so bad. This girl in my grade has threatened to kill me, to beat me up, and i’m just tired of it…I’ve resorted to smoking and scratching my wrists. I need help……I got put in a hospital two years ago for self harming and standing up for myself…These people wont stop, and I’ve tried ignoring but it just keeps getting worse….. The girl who’s threatened to kill me lives right down the street from me, and has me afraid for my life…I cant even go outside and hang out with my friends because of her. Im afraid of leaving the apartment I live in, in fear of her wanting to kill and/or hurt me…I’ve gone to the principal and the police and they’ve done absolutely nothing….I need advise, help, anything! It would be much appreciated.

One Comment

  • BYS Counselor says:

    We are so glad that you reached out today. You have a lot going on in your life, and you are very brave to contact us. We are very concerned because you are engaging in self harm. Please promise yourself that you will reach out if you feel that you want to hurt yourself. Talk to your parents, a teacher a school counselor, or another trusted adult if you feel that you want to hurt yourself. You are the bullying victim; please do not add to your emotional pain by inflicting physical pain upon yourself.

    Also, try to identify some strategies that you can use if you feel that you want to hurt yourself. This might include listening to music, journaling your feelings, exercising, or engaging in other types of activities. Attached is a link for suggestions for coping skills that you might want to try http://www.yourlifeyourvoice.org/DiscoverIt/Articles/Pages/99-Coping-Skills.aspx. Finally, get rid of the objects that you have to injure yourself.

    It is unthinkable that you have not received support from either from the principal or law enforcement to stop the bullying. No one deserves to be bullied, and you need to get an adult involved so that the bullying stops immediately. You should document all incidents of bullying. Include the dates, times, people involved (including bystanders). Report each and every incident to the school principal. If he does do not follow up go to the school board or the board of education and report it. Most schools have policies against bullying. Ask for a copy of the school policy on bullying. Then be sure to follow the procedure for reporting and to the school chain of command if they are not responsive. There are two good websites that you may want to check out. They are http://www.stopbullying.gov/get-help-now/index.html and http://www.adl.org/education.

    Based on your description of the one girl, you should also develop a safety plan to stay away from her. Block her from your phone and social media sites. If she approaches you, walk away. If she threatens you, then call 911 immediately. Try to surround yourself with supportive people, especially when she is around.

    You also may want to consider filing a protection order against her. This is a legal process that has to go through the court. You have to petition the court to file the order, and there is a hearing which you can present your case and she can respond. Since you are still a minor, your parent or guardian would have to file the petition on your behalf.

    If you would like to talk more about this issue, a counselor is available, 24/7, at the Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000. You can also chat or text with one of our counselors: Text us: (206) 707-6388. Call us: (206) 842-9675

    Please let us know how you are doing. You are not alone. Take care.

    BYS Counselor

Leave a Reply

How Can We Help You? Seek Help